N.R. Hardy & Co has provided high quality exterior lighting since it was established by Neil Hardy in 1991. For over 25 years N.R. Hardy has worked for some of the best-known names in the engineering industry, working on schemes for innovative companies and councils. As an individual Neil has an even longer track record with over 35 years’ experience in exterior lighting. Our service has been pre-screened to save you procurement hassles. We’re a registered Constructionline contractor, NICEIC approved and we’re registered as compliant with the Highways Electrical Registration Scheme (HERS) for lighting and lit signs.
- HERS registered – Highway Electrical Registration Scheme registered organisation for Lighting and Lit signs (HERS was formerly ASLEC and HEMSA)
- Constructionline registered – we’re pre-qualified as exterior lighting contractors
- EXOR approved – to the Balfour Beatty standards which demonstrates financial viability, robust management procedures, competent administrative procedures, effective employment policies, competence/track record, relevant certification and licensing and environmental compliance.
- Waste Certificate – Registered by the Environment Agency under the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011 as an Upper Tier Carrier Dealer.
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award – in the Requirements of Electrical Installations BS7671: June 2008 (2011) 17th edition completed.
- IPAF training – trained in the use of MEWPs by the official training body, the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)
- NVQ Level 3 underway – operators are working towards NVQ Level 3 certification
- NICEIC approved – assessed to the highest standards for electrical works
- G39 certification – this covers Electricity Board fuse work, safety procedures and clearances relating to Electrical Association Engineering Recommendation G39/1 1992 for ensuring electrical safety in the installation, commissioning and maintenance of public lighting and other street furniture.
Plant & equipment
N.R. Hardy provides mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs) as well as expert professional labour, so the team are always fully equipped for each project. For work in London, our vehicles meet London Emission Zone requirements. We also provide all the essential tools for the project. N.R. Hardy’s plant is LOLER tested every 6 months and our test equipment is calibrated each year in compliance with industry standards.